Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Evening Post

As many of have already noticed, I have invited a new member to post on PTOLAF. Stucco Homes is known and loved by all of us, whether you know it or not. He's a proud member of the extended Happy House crew and was the first among us to have a child (as far as I can remember). Hopefully those are enough hints to figure out who he is. As for the picture in his profile, I did have a little conversation with him about the difference between anonymity and identity theft.

Glad to see so many posts on the page... I wasn't really sure whether I planned on posting on the weekends or not. We'll see how that goes.

So my weekend so far... My weekends are harder to remember than my work days, but that may be due to recreational activities and such. Today I went to China Camp and had a pretty good ride. I did the loop twice, and then I rode N. San Pedro just to wear down my energy a little. I didn't realize that San Pedro isn't a continuous circle, so I had to consult the GPS when I hit San Raphael. Then it started raining a little. Not too bad, but I was concerned about being cold, damp, and lost. I was able to find my way back to my car though, so it all worked out.

While I was changing to drive home, I got the weird feeling that I was being watched. I thought I could see something move in the woods (maybe 100ft away), but I lost it. One of my big fears going out in the woods around here is that I might run into a mountain lion. It's just one of those things that I'm not sure I have a way of dealing with. I stared out into the trees for a few more minutes, and then resumed packing up. About 10 minutes later, there was a big ruckus in the woods. Turned out that is was a pack of wild turkeys. Apparantly, there had been a dust-up between them, but after a couple of minutes there were silent and invisable again.

On the way home I had Quiznos and stopped at a few shops looking for some kind of windstopper, waterproof jacket that I could use for riding. Came home, took a shower.

Saturday, I took a drive to Berkeley to buy some flights for my darts (my drunk ass roommate had destroyed one of them the weekend before) and to take a look at the Bone Room for some new horns to mold. I found some ok Springbok horns. Not exactly what I was looking for, but they should be fun to play with. I gave Stucco Homes a call, and hung out at their place for the evening. I was fed a cheese called Le Tur, which was really good. After I got home, I went to Pittsburgh's to play some darts among the sad, drunk people.

Friday I went to a bar with Kevlar, and watched any team that I might be inclined to support lose. I think I watched Dazed and Confused for the first time before that.

So that was my weekend...

No comments: