Monday, January 29, 2007

Day One of my New Life

As some of you may know, I started my new job today. I have to say that it's a really amazing place to work. The people are great, the company is great, and well, it's pretty great. I found out I have free health insurance. That was mind blowing.
They're doing a lot of hiring right now, and they're doing the right thing by making a point of persisting the company culture with the new hires. I'm really excited to be working here. To be part of this team that will make this company great. It's a cool project, and there's some really amazing features coming through the pipeline.
I'll be happy when I don't have that mild headache from having to process so much data persistently for hours. What I mean is this: Between learning new architecture and environments (every company is different when it comes to Software Engineering setups), and constantly meeting new people (and trying really hard to learn their names), and not knowing the "culture" of hanging out and interacting with people, it's a long energy expending day. It only gets easier.
The picture's from the Telluride Bluegrass Festival of 2003.

Cool Links for Today:
Disposable Phone Number

No comments: