Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On the Verge of Crawling

Maddie so close to crawling. It's pretty fun to watch her progress and sometimes sad to watch her frustration. She's so close!

She reaches forward from sitting pivoting on her still somewhat folded legs pretty consistently but usually either ends up on her belly, or just comes back to sitting. Yesterday I saw her end off the ground with her arms and legs under her. Like a cat. She didn't really know what to do with herself and got really frustrated.

She can also hold herself up standing on her own relatively solidly. I think the biggest thing keeping her from doing that for very long is that she needs both hands to hold herself up and then she doesn't have any entertainment.

I'm really excited to see how her world just opens up when she can get to where she wants to go on her own. It's hard to watch her be frustrated. I wonder if she'll walk or crawl first. I'm guessing crawling, but only time will tell.

This box is full of empty Altoids containers. I was collecting them at work for a while. It's amazing how much of this stuff folks consume. I was thinking it would be an interesting starting point for a crafty project. I started making a mobile by covering these things, but havn't made too much progress on it all.

No comments: