Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Tooth for Maddie

Maddie apparently broke her first tooth last night. Her night was quite a bit rougher (for me) than her usual sleeping basically 11 or 12 hours in a row. She kept waking up and I would say what I always say "It's not time to get up yet, go back to sleep Maddie." Then she'd go back to sleep for a couple hours and the whole thing would happen again.

Since the time change we don't get her up until 7am earliest. Of course later is she sleeps in later. Today, though, she was pretty adamant about getting up starting around 6am. Usually she's kind of like "ok, I'll just scrape my sheet or play with my blanket and body" and she'll not make any fuss when I tell her it's too early. Today, she wasn't having it. So we got up a bit earlier.

I noticed she was playing with her new tooth a lot by scrapping her tongue over it constantly. And she wasn't the ridiculously happy, cheery baby this morning that she usually is. This is what made me look. And she won't really let us look. Usually she wouldn't care if we would inspect her mouth but not anymore.

I'm very excited for her. I'm also really glad that this is what teething is like. Her being sick is way worst than this. I think I was pretty afraid of what teething would be like.

No comments: