Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day Light Savings Time/Mouth Noises

In general, I think this whole day light savings thing is a big waste of everything. How many people either get more tired than normal or miss important meetings due to this clock change? And for what, exactly? For farmers, I guess. I hope for them it's something that is useful.

There is an upside that I recently discovered. It pushed Maddie's schedule back an hour. So now instead of her getting up at 6am, she's getting up at 7am. And she has no idea. Of course we "moved" her bedtime back an hour too. It's nice because it's that much more time I get to hang out with her after work (1 hour). And it might even cause her morning nap to occur after she gets to the house of the Nanny share. (We were having some issues with her going down to nap and napping through when her child care was supposed to start. I'm against waking her up when she's napping, so we would just wait until she woke up to take her over there. Certainly not a big deal, but it's easier to not have that happen.)

Maddie has pretty consistently been sleeping through from going to bed, around 7pm or later now, until the morning, which is around 7am now. And it's been really nice to not have my sleep interrupted by her anymore. Though it still gets interrupted by other things. I was also worried about night weaning her, but she's been fine with it.

She is so amazing and cute. She's becoming more and more a kid, instead of a baby. Don't get me wrong, she's still very much a baby, but how she plays with the world is becoming so much more interactive. She can crack me up and she's so fun to crack up too. I'm amazed at what she notices. She's growing up!

A while ago she discovered that if she has her mouth on a toy and moves her head side to side while making noise she'd get a cycling sound. Try it with your hand if you want to see what I'm talking about. Well, a couple days ago, I showed her how to do that with my finger going up and down on my lips. She was so excited. So then I started doing it to her, with my finger on her lips and she got it right away. It's so cute because pretty much right away she knows if my finger goes there, she'll start making sound.

No comments: