Sunday, February 21, 2010

Maddie and I on a Trip to Japan?!

I've got the travel itch again and the only way to get rid of it is to, well, travel. But it's tough because on the one hand I can't leave Maddie behind yet. I might be able to do an overnight somewhere without her and survive, but I couldn't go much longer than that. And that's way too short to cure the itch. On the other hand, I could bring her with me and... yah! I'll just bring her with me.

So, I was thinking of going to Japan. It's the cleanest and most modern place I would like to currently travel to and I think it's the best choice for Maddie. After talking to several coworkers "in the know" on Friday all of them said "Yes, you should totally go. You won't have any problems being there and getting around with the baby."

The only thing that really scares me is the plane ride over there. It's something like 14 hours long. And that scares me. If she decided that she was unhappy it could get really bad, and I'd feel terrible being "that parent and child" on the plane. But then again, she's totally mellow and a great kid so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Am I crazy? Am I crazy enough to actually go? Would I enjoy the trip as much as I would have pre-baby days? I'm confident it will be a whole new experience.

1 comment:

raymay said...

It's not necessarily stroller friendly everywhere, especially public transportation. Just something to be aware of.