Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It Isn't Teething, It's An Ear Infection

After another difficult evening, I finally took Maddie to the dr this morning. She has an ear infection and still has a really yuckie cold. Lots of congestion, her nose is like a water fountain, and occasional coughs. Her mood was much better today though.

They told me that they think she's either kicking the ear infection herself, or it's just started because it's small. They wrote me the prescription for the antibiotics, but asked that I wait a day or two and assess if I should give them at all at that time. Basically she said if Maddie seems to get worst, or has another fever give her the drugs.

I appreciate not over prescribing antibiotics, but my draw is to immediately give her to drugs to be done with this once and for all. It's the whole "best for me" over "best for society" as a whole debate. She has had a pretty decent day today. Lots of smiles and fun, and only a little fussier than normal. So I'm going to wait and see.

I have mastered hanging her car seat on the chin up bar. It's a great place to nap because she's sitting upright and she slept like that last night too. She still cries and screams when I do anything that requires her to lay down (changing clothes, changing diapers). And her naps have been good like this.

No comments: