Friday, January 22, 2010

Car Window #5 Broken

I headed to my car to drive into work at the dark hour of about 6am. I unlocked the driver door and my attention was caught by my fastrack laying on the driver's seat. Surely I would have noticed sitting on that when I drove home from work yesterday? I'm usually really good at putting that back hidden away in the console. When I went to put it away, I noticed the cover to the console is missing - as is the parking meter change I kept in there. Oh crap, the stereo is gone too. How'd they get in here? Oh, the back window is smashed out. Bummer. This time it happened about half a block from our home.

When I lived in the Mission of SF I had my car window smashed out 3 times. It might have been 4. I lose track. It was a different car then. And most of the time folks had the courtesy of smashing the triangle window which is much cheaper to fix than a rolling window. Only one of those included a stereo being taken because I never replaced it in that car. Once or twice my car was actually unlocked because I stopped locking it. I didn't keep anything in it and one of the locks would sit higher than the others when it was locked. I figured that maybe somebody thought it was unlocked and then got irritated when it wasn't and smash the window. There were a fair amount of homeless folks that lived on Cesar Chavez, which is where I usually was able to park my car.

The last time I had my car window smashed out while I was parked on the street at MacArthur BART station while dating my honey pot. All the cars parked along that street had their window smashed out, so it wasn't specific to the car. Though it was still annoying. Again, no stereo.

Do you think they had any remorse when they noticed the baby car seat sitting under all the glass this time? Atleast they didn't steal that. (F**kers!)

No comments: