Friday, April 11, 2008

omg - Esak Garcia

I used to go to bikram at this fantastic yoga studio when I lived in the Mission. Occasionally people on the bus home would ask me if I was okay because I would be so red for a while afterwards. I really liked that studio because everybody was so mellow and there was this strong essence of peace, tranquility and asomatous. When I moved to the East Bay I went to funky door a couple times and it was awful. I just remember how aggressive they were "push, push harder, 15 seconds more, push yourself." Where's the peace and spiritual connection in that? I call that "modern" yoga in the sense that in my world they're missing the essence of the whole thing.

How did this come up - well I ran across this amazing video. He is clearly one of the most flexible people around. It's worth the time to watch it through. It's around 7 minutes long.


On another topic: There sure is a lot of space trash out there. Click here for the combined images.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Esak Garcia is my yoga inspiration!