Friday, April 11, 2008

Google Video

A couple months ago the video team from Google came into our offices and did some filming regarding their maps API. That video is finally public, and it's funny. Probably more funny to me because I actually know everybody in it. Can you find me? I'm in there somewhere.

I left early today in honor of the sun! It's so nice out, I just couldn't continue to work. And they took the dev server down for a slight emergency. I had another good excuse today too because most of my office was specifically not supposed to be working. Instead they were supposed to be packing up their desks and getting ready to move. They're redoing the floor to fit in all those employees we've been hiring. They're getting new (very small) desks and tomorrow folks are coming in to redo the layout. I'm lucky because they're not touching the engineering rooms. So there are a lucky 13 of us not getting affected. I did wait around to go out for drinks, but the sun was calling.

Yesterday was nice because some friends called me up as they happen to be nearby drinking margaritas at a good taqueria. Of course I had to go join in and have one of my own. It put an interesting slant on the rest of my day. Perhaps I should drink more during work.

No comments: