Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Like the Big Plane

So about a week or so ago this simile came to me in response to the question "How are you feeling?"

Do you remember the combat game for the Atari 2600? I think it may have come with the game console sometime in the late 70's or early 80's. The cartridge had 30 or so games and one of them looked like the picture. It was a two player game where the big plane and the little planes would shoot at each other. The big plane maneuvered slower, but could shoot farther. The set of 3 small planes (which always flew in that same formation) could maneuver faster, but couldn't shoot as far.

Well, I think the best way to describe how I'm feeling is this:
I'm the big plane

and I used to be one of the small planes. I move slower, it's harder to get up from a sitting position and the insides of my torso are cramped. It's different to historically have been the hyper one bouncing around, and now I don't really do that. My plane is too large, it's too uncomfortable, and I don't really have the inclination or energy anyway. Hopefully, I'll get my physical spring back after birth. Maybe after we catch up on our sleep.

I'm officially 38 weeks according to my midwifery care.

No comments: