Thursday, January 10, 2008

WFH

That's WFH (working from home) for those who don't know the vernacular.

We are permitted to wfh at my job. And I haven't really taken advantage of that very much before. But I'm starting to now. I've begun to see how glorious it is to skip the commute into work and the random interruptions of my concentration. And then there's the magic of having my cat nearby, either on my lap, on her special pillow next to my computer, or occasionally, on my keyboard. On the downside, I miss working in a group. And we've got a pretty great group at my work. Also, there's some coworkers who don't really work when they are wfh, so they give it a bad reputation. I'll be going in tomorrow, I need to have some discussions with folks that just won't cut it via IM.

I recently found out that I (probably) am going to India in February. I'm really excited to go there. It's been the place I've wanted to travel to for quite a while. The unfortunate thing is that after going to New Zealand, I don' t have much vacation to use. But I'm going to try my darndest to get at least a week off, after working there for two weeks.

Some updates for those who are wondering:
I'm no longer doing calorie restriction. We went to Houston and it was impossible to maintain while I was there. Then I never picked it back up again.

I still love my Roomba, though she hasn't gotten as much attention as she did when she was new to me.

No comments: