Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Kitty in a Cage

What do you think of this kitty's access to the outdoors? It's pretty strange, isn't it?

This cage seems a little wrong to me. I guess it's safe. And it was on the second floor, so they won't be interacting with any other animals through the bars. Okay, I changed my mind. It's not so bad. It's way better than not letting your cat out at all. That's just wrong. Would you be happy if you never got to see the outdoors again but could smell it on the shoes of your owners? Me neither.

My honeypot and I went on this fantastic long walk. He brought his camera along and took a bunch of interesting pictures. I saw this and requested a photograph.

We've been thinking through home improvements over this fantastic break, and we've come up with quite a few. My favorite so far is fixing the slope of the back room (formerly a porch) and putting a balcony on top of it (on the second floor). That would be nice because it would give us a great outside space where we could see amazing sunsets with some privacy.

Also, does anybody know about bamboo? The blue variety specifically. I think I'm going to fill up all the big pots I have with blue bamboo and make a live bamboo wall around our side yard. It'll make our small outside space nicer to no see the neighbor's house. What do you think about this idea?

2 comments:

thuy said...

we went for a walk today, too, our first time at baker beach. i wish we saw a caged kitty; would be so much more pleasant than fat naked men.

happy new year!

thuy said...

http://flickr.com/photos/schmeebot/2157359442/

another libertine walked within feet of me but i did not have the, ahem, balls to take a picture of him.