Monday, October 27, 2008

What the heck is Cous Cous?

Well, here in the good 'ole US of A it's basically chopped up pasta. So says my food expert friend. However, in other countries it's not quite that. Wikipedia says that in other countries it's actually more like:
rolling and shaping moistened semolina wheat and then coating them with finely ground wheat flour
Oh, wait. That's pretty close to chopped up pasta, minus the labor.
I'm glad I had the opportunity to eat "authentic" couscous on my travels to Morocco (in Sept 2003). That was a fun trip. When's my next one? I'm starting to feel like I need to get another trip in while I can.

In other news, and speaking of travel. Guess where I'm flying to for $162 including all service charges, fees, and taxes? Round trip direct to NYC in mid-January!! How can they cover their costs flying a plane with fares that low cross country? I'm so excited to go and hang out with an old friend, and explore Manhattan some more.

The first picture is of my friend and I on a 3 day trip in the Sahara desert in mid Sept 2003. Actually, it may have been longer. I don't remember exactly anymore. There was nothing except sand, sun, friends, a couple camels, and what felt like endless time. The second picture is something we saw from the road at one point.

No comments: