Sunday, June 15, 2008

Enchilada Sauce

There's this restaurant that I really like to get huevos rancheros at on the weekends. They have really good super hot habanero salsa too. The thing is that quite often they really under cook the eggs. I really don't like that. And it doesn't seem to matter how you order them.

So today I made huevos rancheros at home. And as part of that I found a recipe for enchilada sauce online and tried it out. I ended up doctoring the recipe some and it came out really good.

Yum!

Rainbow's Enchilada Sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 Tbs veggie broth powder (from bulk at Berkeley Bowl)
  • 4 Tbs ancholi chili powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 2 Tbs of minced raw garlic
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon (less than 1/16 tsp.)
  • 1/3 tsp. sugar
  • 5 Tbs. cold water
  • 5 Tbs. white flour
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar

No comments: