Sunday, June 15, 2008

Email Tidiness

I used to be that person that never moved any email out of my inbox. This was true for both my personal and business email accounts, but has only been true for the past couple of years. This also means that for my work email, every single message was still sitting in my inbox.

Before this period, I always kept me inbox empty. It was how I kept myself organized. There must have been a point when I just became so overwhelmed with the sheer volume of email that this purging habit slowly faded away.

Recently work asked us to reduce the storage we were using for our email accounts. So I basically emptied mine completely out, and haven't looked back. I had over 3,000 emails. I also cleared out my private email account too.

I feel so much more tidy and organized. The only messages that stay in my inbox are things that still need action. It works really well.

No comments: