Saturday, February 23, 2008

Banana Corn Meal Muffins - 4.5 Stars

Several months ago I purchased this cookbook called Veganomicon. It's pretty special and has quite a few new ideas for creating good vegan food to eat.

Today I made my first recipe out of it. Well, sort of. I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I improvised and my mini muffins came out pretty good. The recipe, as I made it, is on the bottom of this post.

Also, last night I made my first Indian meal using the variety of spices that I bought while I was there. It had a tomato base with orange lentils, pine nuts, coconut milk, and a bunch of other stuff. I had some Aloo Paratha in the freezer so I made that too.

Banana Corn Meal Muffins
1 cup rice dream
1 tsp distilled white vinegar
1.5 bananas
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup garbanzo flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

mix the wet ingredients together after mashing the bananas on their own, mix the dry ingredients together separately, then mix them all together. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments: