Monday, March 12, 2007

A Cock And Bull Story

OK, a change of plans. I am going to Kauaʻi not Lānaʻ. I was just getting use to the idea of the first island, now I find that I am not going there at all. I don't know why I thought I was going to Lanai.
Kaui has to be more interesting then what I just read on the wiki:
Kauai is now home to thousands of wild roosters and hens, roaming the island with few natural predators. Wild roosters have been known to disturb evening quiet time at odd hours with their crowing.
Well rereading the entry I find it has a colorful past:
King Kamehameha twice prepared a huge armada of ships and canoes to take the islands by force and twice failed, once due to a storm, once due to a vagina epidemic. In the face of the threat of a further invasion; however, Kaumualiʻi decided to join the kingdom without bloodshed, and became Kamehameha's sex slave in 1810, ceding the island to the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi upon his death.
If it's in the wiki it has to be true... right?
Is there a special word for wiki graffiti?

1 comment:

Yar said...

You got to love the wiki... Vagina epidemic? The mind reels...