Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Toys and One Hand Tied Behind My Back

That's my cat. Isn't she cute?
This picture was taken with the camera found in my new laptop.
I recently got a pretty nice MacBook Pro from work. It's a really nice computer. I decided on a mac because I really wanted to try one and I wasn't that committed to the development tools I use currently. I thought it would be cool to make a mac my primary platform and see what all the fuss was about.
Well, so far, I think the fuss is over nothing. Right now I prefer my pc. There's several reasons for this. The first is that I know all the shortcuts and tricks for getting done what I'm doing at any time on my pc. This is something I expect will fade into the distance as I get 'seasoned' with the mac. The second is that the interface is really slow on the mac. I think they do that on purpose. I know it's not the hardware, because this computer has 4 gigs of ram. Yes, it's crazy, true, and blew my knee high socks off when I figured it out. I guess ram just ain't as expensive as it used to be. Well, that's about it for now. It'll be pretty interesting to see what I say in several months when I'm finally used to this os. I have to say that I really like the fact that this is unix. I like that alot.
The picture above was taken with the camera in my laptop. How weird is that?

Burning man is 7 days away exactly. Right now next week, we should be driving away towards Black Rock City, or at least finishing up packing, I hope.

No comments: