Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ode to the Bay Bridge

I am so glad that they fixed the I-580 ramp in the maze early. It was astounding how much and how far away it affected traffic. Usually I can leave work around 7pm and drive at least 50mph the entire way across the bay bridge and home. Also, I can usually leave home around 9am and drive without too much delay into the city. But since that accident happened, traffic has been all messed up hours later and earlier than normal. Essentially the detour through city streets with lights was backing up that traffic all the way across the bridge. The right 4 lanes would crawl and as a result people would move over into the left lanes and block those too. So that when traffic was finished crossing the bridge, it was this cluster f*&^ to merge back into the detour through Oakland. That was no fun. I guess the good news is that it encouraged me to ride the BART more. And riding BART with it's two significant walks on either end took just about as long as driving, but was much more peaceful. But now, it is again much faster to drive. I didn't even slow down coming home tonight. Party time!

In other news, I had my employee review today and it was really great. I mean, I think I would have been pretty shocked if they had said something like "Erica, you suck, and you're fired". But there was nothing negative and there wasn't even any suggestions for areas of improvement.
That's pretty cool.

No comments: